Thursday, October 2, 2014

Zero.

I have always been one to collect keepsakes -- I keep tickets from all the movies I see, I bring home postcards from places I travel to, I have a coffee sleeve from one of my first dates with Jarrad. It's those little things that bring me back to places and memories that brought me joy.

Tomorrow, I am getting married and I know for a fact that this next year, though with its challenges, will be a year that I want to remember. It will be a lot of firsts and a lot of new, but I'm excited despite the anxiety it sometimes brings me.

When trying to think of a way to "keepsake" an entire year, I knew that I wanted it to be something I could share with my friends and family since the geographical distance between us seems to continually be growing. That's when I had the idea to take a picture everyday for the next year and share it on a blog. It will take a lot of motivation, but in the end I believe it will be worth it.

And so there it is. It's kind of like a "new year's eve" kind of goal, but that's what I like to think of today as -- the eve of the rest of my life with my new husband. What a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment